Lake Forest Animal Clinic works hard to keep your pet happy at home and away from home when it is boarding at our vet clinic. There are many reasons pets might need to be away from the pet owners for a few days. We know that deciding who will take care of your pet is important, but you can feel comfortable leaving your pet at our animal hospital because we treat your pets like the beloved family members they are. Our veterinarian supervised kennel team will look after your cat or dog and make sure they feel comfortable with us.
One of the benefits of having your pet stay with us at Lake Forest Animal Clinic is that we are totally focused on the health and happiness of our visitors. We make sure our kennel area is properly cleaned so they have a healthy environment. For the safety of all our pet guests, our Lake Forest veterinarian requires up-to-date pet vaccinations, and have an annual negative fecal test done prior to checking in. If your pet is not current on these vaccinations, we invite you to join us at our Low Cost Vaccination Clinic on Saturday afternoon or the vaccinations can be administered with an exam at the time of the boarding reservation.
1) All vaccinations must be up to date including DHPP, Parvo, Bordatella, and Rabies for dogs and FVRCP and Rabies for cats. A proof of vaccinations in the form of a certificate is required for non-clients. Your pet needs to have an annual negative fecal test completed prior to boarding.
2) Your pet’s weight, appetite, water consumption, stool, urination, and general demeanor is monitored and charted on a daily basis. Any concerns are brought to the immediate attention of the veterinarian on duty.
3) If your pet requires vet care while boarding, a vet consultation and other charges will apply depend on the condition of the pet. We will attempt to reach you at the emergency number you provide to discuss your pet’s medical needs.
4) If your pet needs any medications or treatments while boarding, our technicians will be happy to administer them. An additional daily fee will apply.
5) You will be charged for the day that your pet arrives. However, if your pet is picked up before 9:00 am the morning of release, then you will not be charged for that final day.
6) If you choose to have your pet bathed on the day of release, then you will not be charged for that final day of boarding.
7) Boarding price includes twice daily feeding, fresh water, clean bedding, 3 walks, and tons of TLC.
8) If your pet is staying for more than a week, a 50% deposit is required.
9) We feed Science Diet Sensitive Stomach. However, owners are always encouraged to bring their own pet food to prevent stomach upsets.
10) You are welcome to bring in your pet's favorite toy or comfy blanket but please make sure any personal items are labeled properly and understand that we are not responsible for any items that may be misplaced, chewed or soiled.
11) Upon release, please tell the receptionist if you need to pick up any remaining food or medications so that we can give them to you before you greet your pet.
12) If reservations are to be extended/ shortened, please give our office a call so that your pet can be accommodated.
Our Kennel Is Under the Watchful Eye of a Veterinarian
Our professional pet-care team looks after the health and wellness of your pet. If your pet is on any type of medications our veterinary technicians will administer those medications at the proper time as directed. If your pet should become ill during its stay with us, our kennel personnel will notify our veterinarian who can make a determination as to whether any type of medical treatment is required in our veterinary clinic.
If you need boarding services for your pet, take advantage of the safe and comfortable surroundings in our animal hospital. Add in a grooming session and you'll come home to a happy and handsome (or beautiful!) pet.