The office will be open between 8 am-4 pm for scheduled appointments/ drop off boarding only.
(We will not be taking Walk-in Exams during the Vaccine Clinic. Exams are by appointment only)
We are closed from 12 pm - 1 pm for lunch.
We also provide a Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic every Saturday from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm on a first come- first serve basis.
Please be sure to be IN-LINE 30 minutes prior to closing to ensure we can see you and your pet
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY DURING CLINIC!
CASH ONLY UNDER $60.00
Low Cost Vaccine Clinic in Lake Forest
At Lake Forest Animal Clinic, our top priority is keeping your pet healthy. We provide the very best veterinary care, and know how upsetting it can be when your animal companions become sick. Our Lake Forest veterinarians recommend protecting your pet from a variety of diseases by adhering to a regular pet vaccination schedule. We understand that it can be challenging to budget all of your family’s expenses while still looking out for your pet’s best interests, too. To protect the health of pets in South Orange County, we offer a weekly, low cost pet vaccine clinic.
Affordable pet vaccines in Lake Forest are available every Saturday from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at our conveniently located veterinary hospital at 24301 Muirlands Blvd., Suite P in Lake Forest. We provide low cost pet vaccines on a first come, first served basis (no appointment necessary). An exam is not required to receive vaccines, but we highly recommend an annual exam for your pet. Exams are available by appointment only. (Please be sure to be IN-LINE 30 minutes prior to closing to ensure we can see you and your pet)
Here are the pet care vaccines we offer to help protect the health of your animal companions:
Low Cost Dog Vaccines in South Orange County
The low cost dog vaccines we offer to help keep your dog happy and healthy for many years to come include:
- DHP - $12.50: This vaccine provides protection against distemper, hepatitis, and parainfluenza. These are all serious illnesses which could dramatically affect the health of your dog:
- Distemper - is a viral disease of the lungs, intestines and nervous system. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, fever, nasal and ocular discharge, coughing, convulsions and death.
- Hepatitis - is a viral disease of the liver, kidneys and lungs.
- Parainfluenza - is a viral disease that is part of the “kennel cough” complex, causing a hacking, “honking” cough.
The DHP vaccine series begins when your dog is a puppy to provide protection, with booster shots as recommended by our veterinarian throughout your dog’s life.
- Parvo - $12.50: The Parvo virus can cause vomiting and diarrhea in unprotected puppies.
Parvo is a viral disease of the intestinal tract. Symptoms include vomiting, severe bloody diarrhea and occasional death. Parvo can be prevented with a simple vaccine series when your pet is a puppy, followed by regular boosters for adult dogs.
- Bordetella - $17.00: This is sometimes referred to as “kennel cough”, and is frequently experienced by unprotected dogs that are exposed to the bacteria. Symptoms can include a high-pitched cough, gagging and sneezing. You should definitely have your dog protected before exposing him or her to other dogs at kennels, dog parks, doggy day-care, etc.
Low Cost Cat Vaccines in South Orange County
The low cost cat vaccines we offer to help keep your cat happy and healthy for many years to come include:
- FVRCP - $20.00: This all-in-one vaccine protects your cat from Feline Rhinotracheitis Virus, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- FVR - is a viral disease of the upper respiratory tract. Symptoms include sneezing, coughing and a mucoid discharge from the eyes and nose.
- Calicivirus - is a viral infectious respiratory disease that is resistant to disinfectants.
- Panleukopenia - attacks the gastrointestinal tract, as well as the immune and nervous systems, and can often result in death.
- FELV - $24.00: Feline Leukemia Virus affects the immune system and can affect any organ in the body. This disease can be transported by humans on their clothing or shoes to the household cat. There are cats that can be carrier cats and do not show clinical signs. Feline Leukemia can be fatal.
Rabies Vaccinations for Cats and Dogs
Rabies is a viral disease of the brain. It can be transferred to humans and is a fatal disease.
Rabies vaccines for dogs and cats are available for only $14 at our weekly pet vaccine clinic.
A hazardous waste fee of $4.00 per pet will also be assessed for these vaccinations. We accept cash only for services under $60.00 (no debit cards or checks).
Lake Forest Animal Clinic has met the veterinary needs of South Orange County for over thirty years. Call 949-837-7660 so we may serve you and keep your pet healthy and happy.