eWe know that leaving your pet is never easy. We want you to feel comfortable knowing that when they’re with us, we are wholly focused on their health and happiness. While you have many boarding options for your pet when you’re gone, we think our veterinarian-supervised kennel team will go above and beyond in looking after your pet while you’re away.
Our kennel area is properly cleaned daily so your pet can relax in a healthy environment. For the safety of all our pet guests, we require up-to-date pet vaccinations and an annual negative fecal test done before checking in. If your pet is not current on these vaccinations, please join us at our Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic offered daily, or the vaccines can be administered with an exam at the time of the boarding reservation.
- All vaccinations must be up to date including DAPP, Bordetella, and Rabies for dogs and FVRCP and Rabies for cats. Proof of vaccinations in the form of a certificate is required for non-clients. Your pet needs to have an annual negative fecal test completed before boarding.
- Your pet’s weight, appetite, water consumption, stool, urination, and general demeanor is monitored and charted on a daily basis. Any concerns are brought to the immediate attention of the veterinarian on duty.
- If your pet requires veterinary care while boarding, a vet consultation and other charges will apply depending on the condition of the pet. We will attempt to reach you at the emergency number you provide to discuss your pet’s medical needs.
- If your pet needs any medications or treatments while boarding, our technicians will be happy to administer them. An additional daily fee will apply.
- You will be charged for the day that your pet arrives. However, if your pet is picked up before 9:00 am the morning of release, then you will not be charged for that final day.
- If you choose to have your pet bathed on the day of release, then you will not be charged for that final day of boarding.
- Boarding price includes twice daily feeding, fresh water, clean bedding, three walks, and lots of TLC!
- If your pet is staying for more than a week, a 50% deposit is required.
- We feed Science Diet Sensitive Stomach. However, owners are always encouraged to bring their own pet food to prevent a potential upset stomach.
- You are welcome to bring in your pet’s favorite toy or comfy blanket, but please make sure any personal items are labeled properly and understand that we are not responsible for any items that may be misplaced, chewed or soiled.
- Upon release, please tell the receptionist if you need to pick up any remaining food or medications so that we can give them to you before you greet your pet.
- If reservations are to be extended/ shortened, please give our office a call so that your pet can be accommodated.
If your pet is on any medications, our veterinary technicians will administer those medications at the proper time as directed. If your pet should become ill during its stay with us, our kennel personnel will notify our veterinarian who can determine as to whether any type of medical treatment is required in our veterinary clinic. Before you come to pick them up, add in a grooming session, and you’ll come home to a happy, clean, and well-rested pet!
We’ll Be There When You Need Us.
At Lake Forest Animal Clinic, we are committed to providing your pet with the very best veterinary care possible in a warm and friendly environment. You and your pet’s needs are always our first priority.
Mon-Fri: 7 am - 6 pm
Sat: 8 am - 4 pm
We are conveniently located on the corner of Muirlands Blvd. and Ridge Route Dr. in the Lake Forest Village Shopping Center.
Have a Question?
We’re here to help. Please complete the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 949-837-7660.